Monday, April 16, 2007

Warmly Inscribed by Lawrence & Nancy Goldstone - Book Review

Warmly Inscribed
By Lawrence & Nancy Goldstone
Published St Martin's Press 2002

I read this book over Friday and Sunday, because I left the other book I was reading at work. I really enjoyed it.

I LOVED the detailed descriptions of the Library of Congress and the Folger Shakespeare Library. I also enjoyed the stories of the NY Antiquarian Book Fair and the New England forger.

For a beginning collector such as I am, I found this to be very easy to read and a very educational book.



And while some people think that the mentions of meals and passing acquaintences and teddy bears and the writers 8-year-old daughter was somewhat over the top, I had no problem with them at all. In fact I appreciated the Goldstones being enlightened parents and willing to take their daughter with them, on their trip to Washington DC.

This is the third book by this couple.
Now I simply must go out and find the first two books.

No comments: