Saturday, April 7, 2007

Newsy Book items

Number one - the latest on the Massey University Book Thefts. An item from the NZ Herald.
Stolen books list - prices in NZ$ Prices realised at auction: Total: $23,310.

* A Missionary Voyage to the Southern Pacific, performed in the years 1796, 1797, 1798 in the ship Duff commanded by Captain James Wilson. Anon, $1000.

* The Art Album of New Zealand Flora, Mr & Mrs Edward H. Featon, $800 (recovered).

* The Botany of the Antarctic Voyage of HM Discovery ships Erebus and Terror (Vol 1: Flora Antarctica), in the years 1839-1843, Joseph Hooker, $9000.

* The Botany of the Antarctic Voyage of HM Discovery ships Erebus and Terror in the years 1839 to 1843 (Part II: Flora Novae Zelandiae), $5400.

* The Botany of the Antarctic Voyage of HM Discovery ships Erebus and Terror in the years 1839-1843 (Part III: Flora Tasmania), $7000 (recovered).

* An Elementary Manual of New Zealand Entomology: Being the study of our Native Insects, G.V. Hudson, $110.

Thanks to Philiobiblos for keeping me up to date.
Despite being from NZ, I really dont read the Herald as often as I should, but I left NZ over 6 years ago.

Number two - I have started another blog called Historia's Books. Its going to be my picture file, and will be showing mainly pictures of books, title pages and so on. A link to my new blog is in the sidebar.

And lastly, I am still working on the glossary about Book Binding for Annie's Book, mentioned a few days ago. I have found a number of excellent book binding links and will be posting them soon.

No comments: