Tuesday, April 3, 2007

A new home for my books & other news

It's spring cleaning time.

For the last 6 years since we moved to this apartment, my books have been piling up in boxes and bags on the floor of my bedroom. With a small path to the dresser & closet. Yesterday I acquired a large cupboard and I spent last night moving some of my books to their new home. It was wonderful to rediscover old books I had forgotten about, and find others that I still have not read. It was also time to get rid of those I don't want to keep, mostly novels, and other books in bad condition.

I've been thinking about the Non Fiction Five Challenge. Since it does not officially start until next month, I may need to change my official list. Will keep you posted.

A couple of newsy items - one is about a new novel based on a "lost play" by Shakespeare. The novel is called Air and Shadows. Looks rather interesting. I think I will keep an eye out for it to read.

The other new item that Philobiblos has commented on, is the sentencing of a Rare Book Librarian from Massey University in New Zealand. She stole several rare books from the Library and sold them. Apparently two of them have been recovered. So now I'm trying to track down the titles of the books she stole.

No comments: