Saturday, September 8, 2007

Todays Book sale went very well.

Well, Today turned out to be very hot with a lovely cool breeze blowing for much of the day. Up at 7am to pack up toys, books, clothes, computer bits & pieces and anything else. By 8am we were moving our stuff downstairs, and piling everything on the tables. We had 2 tables and a trolley.

We have never done this before. I mean, joined the buildings annual sale. Usually because I keep missing the dates, and only find out too late to book a table. I managed to spot a notice up last week, so had time to book a table & get our stuff organised.

The building organised hotdogs & pop and even live music. 2 guys on guitars, plus some nice oldies music - 70s & 80s disco & pop. Great music to tap your feet to.

We were outside on the sidewalk selling from 9am to 4pm and made close to $100. Most of this was from my books - 50 cents each or 3 for a dollar. Over half my books have now gone, and hubby sold quite a few computer items as well. 5 year old son also sold a few toys and books.

It's now almost 6pm, and we are all tired, burnt and exhausted. Son & hubby have fallen asleep and I'm sitting here quietly, reading & typing.

I have one more book to finish for the Armchair Travellers Challenge. Not sure if I will be able to finish the New Notions challenge, since I have 2 more books to do - and the Historian is over 500 pages. Damn my eyes for going wonky at the wrong time.

No comments: