Friday, September 7, 2007

Book sale season has started again

Today hubby is sorting all his junk from the bedroom that he wants to A - get rid of or B - sell at our apartment building end-of-summer sale being held tomorrow. I have 5 or 6 boxes of books which I will be TRYING to sell.

I really need to get rid of these books. The apartment is just not big enough to keep them, especially when I keep buying new books.

I plan on giving any unsold hardback books to the local library. (hardbacks last longer). Not sure what to do with the paperbacks.

So if anyone in Toronto wants some really really cheap books, please email me & I will give you the address & directions. BTW The Cabbagetown festival is on tomorrow as well.

[Edited to Add]

Just had a brilliant idea. Any books I do NOT sell tomorrow, I can donate to the hospitals for the patients. Since Toronto has 4 or 5 hospitals within walking (sort of) distance, I can call them up and ask. Anyone know how receptive hospitals are to book donations?

2 comments:

Sam said...

I've donated books to a couple of hospitals here in Houston pretty easily. The gift shops put them in a cart and sell the hardcover books for a dollar and the paperbacks for half that. They always seem happy to receive books that are in decent shape. Good luck with the sale and donations...

Francesca Thomas said...

Thank you Sam. I'll give my locals hospitals a call next week.