Friday, March 23, 2007

Wow, people really are reading my blog

I've been busy reading a few other book blogs, following the links from one blog to the next. One blog I found is called Books Found (see the Sidebar) which I thoroughly enjoyed and was compelled to read it from beginning to the present in one sitting. If Ms Ashland had written an actual book, I would not have been able to put it down.

Anyway today I got my first comment. And I found my blog has been mentioned on Philobiblos' blog too. Thank you Jeremy. Please excuse the exitement, but its very exciting to discover that people are actually reading what I write. I'm much more used to email lists and Yahoo groups, so this blogging thing is a totally new experience.

If you haven't already figured out, I live in Toronto, Canada. But I was born and raised in New Zealand, and also lived a few years in Australia and the Solomon Islands. So a few links, and comments, and maybe some books from Oceania, will show up now and then. The first comment I'd like to make is about the Hard to Find Bookshop in Auckland, New Zealand, which I have linked to in the Sidebar. It is (in my opinon) the BEST Antiquarian and second hand bookshop in NZ, if not the entire world. But then I may be a little biased. I have no other antiquarian bookshop experience to compare them to.

I used to spend hours in the Hard to Find Shop - especially on the weekends. I often dropped in every night on my way home from work just to see if anything new and interesting had arrived. And whenever my bookshelves got too crowded, I would pull out those books I had read and didnt really want to keep, and sell them right back to the same HTF shop from which I had purchased them. The week I sold ALL my books back to the Hard to Find shop, because I was moving to Canada - well that was a sad week. I was selling all my furniture, literally everything I owned, except what I could pack into 2 large suitcases and a few boxes. Some of the books that I sold, I now regret doing so. I wish I had kept them.

1 comment:

JBD said...

You're quite welcome - I think you'll find the biblioblogosphere quite a fun and interesting place. It's a great way to find out what other folks are reading and thinking about ... not to mention the number of books you'll add to your "I must read this someday" list!