Friday, February 5, 2010

Yes - I raised a reader!!!

I wish I had taken my camera to show you the proof that I did raise a reader.

My son is 7 years old - almost 8. At school yesterday he received a new book from the Scholastic brochure and all the way home yesterday, he was reading it as he walked along the sidewalk. This morning he insisted on taking this same new book to school and again he was walking slowly along the sidewalk reading this new book on our way to school.

He looked exactly like me when I was a kid. I too walked with my head down reading a book as I walked along the footpath (they dont call them sidewalks where I come from).

YES I have done something right - I RAISED a reader!!!

I am just so thrilled!!!!

1 comment:

Chris Lowenstein said...

Yay! Makes me so happy to read that!