Monday, February 8, 2010

Blogging is for old folk

How many of my readers are under the age of 20? Under 30? Under 40?
I wont ask about the under 50's because thats my age group. LOL

The reason I ask this is because an article came out last week that said that young people are no longer blogging - but the oldies are continuing to blog and even starting new blogs.

The younger generation prefers to use the social networking sites like Facebook, My Space and Twittering.

Why? Because its hip (everyone is doing it), it's a lot faster that blogging (tweet only allows 140 words) and it allows you to stay up to date. And young people dont really like reading long posts either.

While I do have a facebook account, I dont use it for socializing. Well not really. I do comment occasionally on friends posts and photos.

But mostly I use Facebook for the games and applications. That is why I actually signed up for Facebook. I do not use Twitter at all.

Blogging is actually a quite involved form of self-expression. It takes a lot of time and effort.

I cant deny that. It does take effort to write a review, but when I get a comment, it was worth it.

And I do prefer to use my "long form" blog (that means this blog) to keep you informed of the books I read. I have been blogging now for almost 3 years and I dont plan on stopping any time soon. I cant let all that hard work go to waste.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your blog. I too have a facebook account, but enjoy reading blogs. Keep doing what you're doing.

Francesca Thomas said...

Thanks Page.

Don't worry, I do intend to keep blogging.