Friday, July 4, 2008

Comics are NOT read-aloud material

My son received a set of LOL Library Reading Club materials (poster, book and stickers) when his daycare class went to the public library yesterday. I mention this because my good friend Patricia Storms was contracted to illustrate the reading club material this year. Anyway, my son took his library card with him, and you want to know what books he got out? Remember he is only 6 years old. He got out one comic book about Sonic the hedgehog and one Anime graphic novel.

I had trouble readng these to him last night at bedtime.
Comics are just NOT read-aloud material.
My son loves anime. I dont. Most of the anime shows I see on TV are too violent. (Anime is available in books and on TV)

So what do you think of comics and graphic novels as reading material?

No comments: