Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Starting to feel old now....

May is the month of birthdays in my family. All three of us (me, husband and son) have birthdays this month. Mine is first - obviously. My husbands is next and my sons birthday is the last. Technically if you want to go by signs, my husband and I are both Taurus and my son is a Gemini.

Today is my birthday. I have been writing this blog for 3 years now - and today I turned 46 years old. I didn't used to feel old. My hair turning grey doesnt help. I think having a son still in elementary school helps keep me thinking young - except when someone asks if he is my grandson. My husband will also turn 46 this month. I am the older woman - but only by 2 weeks!! My son will turn 8 this month.

But this year I feel old. In January I was tentatively diagnosed with Graves Disease. Now, that diagnosis has been amended to Hyperthyroidism - of which there are 2 possible outcomes. Graves Disease and Multi Nodular Goitre. I have to have more tests to find out which one for sure. And I have to take medication every day to keep this under control.

No comments: