Saturday, February 16, 2008

Don Quixote - 50 Greatest Books

Yes I'm sorry, I know I havent posted all week. I have been reading some large and heavy duty books. I hope to have 2 more reviews up this weekend. In the meantime, here is this weeks top 50 book from the Globe and Mail.

Don Quixote - Knightly Virtue.

A few years ago, in 2002, 100 major writers from 54 countries agreed to answer a remarkable question: What is the best work of fiction ever written? By an overwhelming margin, the authors chose Don Quixote. Why is this 400-year-old Spanish novel held in such high esteem by readers, writers and critics? Entire libraries are filled with answers to that question, but I'll confine myself to just a few.

Also for those of you who have not browsed in a bookshop for a while, Benazir Bhutto's last book, Reconciliation, has been released. As we all know, she was assassinated on December 27th last year. And today there is news of yet another bombing in Pakistan right before the elections which will be held next week.

No comments: