Friday, October 19, 2007

Just bit & pieces

I'm still trying to finish a second book from my own Bibliography challenge. I'm part way through reading 3 different books about books, and for some reason, I cant seem to finish any of them. I am also having trouble finding a decent book for the Book to Movie challenge.

I went back to the Orthoptics department at the hospital today. The first visit was on Wednesday to get my eyes checked. Definitely a problem. I have diplopia (double vision - caused by a muscle palsy) of both near and distance vision. So now I have a new prescription for special lenses to wear in my glasses. I have to wear my glasses for all reading from now on, especially at nights when my eyes get tired. I got out of the habit of wearing my glasses, because when I first got them 2 years ago, my son said to me "I dont like you wearing them. Take them off. I don't know you.".

Well now that I HAVE to wear them, he's going to have to get used to them. I should post a picture. Give me a few days to take a pic of me with my new glasses and the grey hair now grown back. So you will recognise me at next years WOTS.

Oh yes, and the International Festival of Authors has started. Check the orange IFOA button at top left.

J K Rowling is supposed to be reading next Tuesday, but when tickets go into a draw and not everyone will get in. That's not fair. Tickets sold out in September.
J.K. Rowling comes to YoungIFOA : her only Canadian appearance this fall. She will read from Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows, take questions from her fans, and sign copies of the book for those in attandance. Seamus O'Regan hosts.

I see Jasper Fforde and Robert J Sawyer will be here on the same day as well. Two of my favourite authors. An event that's out of this world. Jasper Fforde, Spider Robinson and Robert J. Sawyer read from their novels. Jay MillAr opens the event reading from his new collection of poetry.

IFOA: Reading, Oct 23 8pm BRG
Tuesday, October 23, 2007 at 8pm
Brigantine Rm - York Quay Ctr
235 Queens Quay West
Toronto
Tickets cost $15.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm pretty sure you'll be the same person wearing glasses as you were not wearing them. He's a little older now too. It's funny the reactions that glasses/contacts/facial hair elicit.