Monday, November 3, 2008

Politics and Books

I apologise for there being no recent book reviews. I currently have 6 books with book marks in them, all of which I am reading. BUT I am also following the US election campaigns, and the election is tomorrow, so for the last few days, my reading has slowed down a lot. I apologise for that. Once the election is over, I will start reading again. I have to keep an eye on this election because the US election result will affect Canada, as well as the rest of the world.

But there is also another election I have to keep an eye on as well. This one is in my birth country of New Zealand. It's being held on November 8th. Helen Clark has been the Prime Minister of new Zealand for the last 9 years (since 1999) and I think she has done a great job. But the fact is that NO PM has lasted past a 4th election (and for the two that did, they died early in their 4th terms).

For some reason the Kiwis always seem to feel that a change is needed after 9 years. NOT TRUE. And right on schedule there are murmurings in NZ of it now being time for a change.

BUT The world is currently in a financial crisis and I hardly think that this is the time for change or the time to put an inexperienced person in charge.

New Zealand - PLEASE for the sake of the country and your children's future - PLEASE do NOT vote Helen out. Thank you.

No comments: