Sunday, May 5, 2013

I don't feel old

Happy Birthday to me..

Today is my 49th Birthday.

Next year I will be 50!!

I am chronologically old and definitely grey.

But the curious thing is - I don't FEEL old. 

I think this has to do with the fact (and I know, I have probably mentioned this before) that my son is still officially just 10 years old.

But if you have read this blog with any regularity, you would know that MAY is the birthday month in this family. All 3 of us have birthdays in May. Mine just happens to be first which makes me the OLDEST on this family. My husband will also turn 49 this month, and our son will turn 11.

One that has changed from previous years is that I am now officially the SHORTEST in this family.

I have been 5 feet 4 inches tall now for a good 30 years - since I was 19 - at least. My husband has always been just over 6 feet tall. So what's changed, you ask?

Kids have this annoying habit of growing taller, and my son who was shorter than me on my last birthday, is now TALLER than me. I'm 5 feet 4 and he is now 5 feet 5 inches as measured officially by the doctors.

This now makes me both the oldest and the shortest in this family, as well as being the only female.

Happy Birthday to me
Happy Birthday to me
Happy Birthday to me-ee
Happy Birthday to me.

PS while I am mentioning birthdays, this blog turned 6 years old on St Patrick's Day (March 17th)  this year.

PPS now that I am no longer doing any Squidoo, I am hoping to go back to reading and reviewing more books for this blog.



No comments: