I know I have not been writing, blogging or reading much this month. Mostly because I have to spend a fair amount of time looking for a job. So here is a Xmas Meme I found. If you want to do it, feel free. Not tagging anyone. Entirely your choice.
1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate?
Egg Nog. Both my boys love Egg Nog.
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree?
Santa wraps most of them, but if he gets tired or runs out of sellotape, the rest go into a bag.
3. Colored lights on tree or white?
4. Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope. Don't even know what it even looks like.
5. When do you put up your decorations?
They still not up yet. My son has to keep reminding us. They will probably go up on the weekend before Xmas.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish?
7. Favorite Holiday memory as a child:
Dont know if it's my favourite, but the most memorable Xmas memory I have was the summer my family went camping out in a tent where it rained for a week. We played monopoly, card games and I read a lot of books. We also caught a ferret which jumped into one of the luggage bags, and suffocated from the clothes. This would have been well over 20 years ago as I was still in high school.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa?
I don't remember anyone telling me about Santa when I was a little girl. I probably learnt about St Nicholas from reading books.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
No. Actually my son might get one on Xmas Eve, if he is persistent or being particularly naughty.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
The usual tinsel, and small lights.
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it?
Dread it. It's too cold, and the ice is a real hazard. I grew up in more temperate climes where it just doesn't snow.
12. Can you ice skate?
No. My balance is very bad. I cant rollerskate either.
13. Do you remember your favorite gift?
Anything to do with books, whether it was book tokens, book vouchers, gift vouchers anything like that for which I can buy books.
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you?
Nothing really. In fact I do find it a nuisance.
15. What is your favorite Holiday Dessert?
Dont really have one.
16. What is your favorite holiday tradition?
Putting up & decorating the Xmas tree (even if it is a fake one)
17. What tops your tree?
We have a small star.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving?
Giving. My hubby and I dont buy for each other. But we do try and do something special. Today we are going to see the movie - National Treasure: Book of Secrets - which opens today. Thats our Xmas presents for ourselves. Obviously we make sure our 5 year old has a few gifts.
19. What is your favorite Christmas Song?
Good King Wencaslas
20. Candy Canes?
I dont like them. They break too easily, they make sticky crumbs and they are just too sweet to eat.
21. Do you feel Christmas is too commercialized? Or is it still meaningful for you?
Definitely too commercialised.